No Real Cookies Invovled. Sorry
So, you’re stressed! You are unsure of yourself. You have a situation at work, at home, or somewhere else and you think, my gosh “what am I going to do?”.
Think of this. The Cookie Jar Method. Your Cookie Jar is a collection of previously successful outcomes that you directly had an influence on. In short, you’ve done this successfully before!
- You’ve met deadlines before.
- You’ve balanced it all before.
- You’ve shown up, contributed, and had successful outcomes before.
- You got this.
- You’ve made dinner before.
- You have gotten things done before. (getting the kids to extracurriculars, support spouse, clean house, etc.)
All other things??
Pull from the Cookie Jar which means pulling from a collection of previously successful experiences in similar situations.
Building confidence can come from you reminding YOURSELF that you have successfully done this before when confronted with a similarly stressful situation.